Saturday, January 01, 2000
Click on the red stars for detailed blog entries!
- Beijing: The PRC's lovable capital city and my home for summer 2006.
- Shanghai: Old-style grandeur and futuristic skyscrapers
- Dandong: Charming little town on the North Korean border.
First stop on our Northeastern travels
- Dalian: Shiny seaside metropolis.
Part of our Northeastern travels
- Tianjin: Great buns and wide intersections.
The last stop of our Northeastern travels
- Datong: Home of the Yungang grottoes, a massive cave complex with amazing Buddhist art
- Xi'an: Our home for summer 2007.
- Lanzhou: Regional capital and birthplace of niuroumian(beef noodles).
- Xiahe and the Labrang Monastery: a taste of Tibet
- Home of the Maiji Shan grottoes, cliffside caves filled with Buddhist statues
- Turpan: Grape capital of China
- Urumqi: Booming oil town and capital of China's wild west
- Kucha: Home of the Subash ruins, Kizil caves, and an impressive mosque
- Kashgar: Historic silk road hub and center of Uyghur culture
- Tashkurgan: Tajik town on the Pakistani border
- Yarkand and Karghilik: towns on the southern Silk Road
- Hotan: Famous for jade and its weekly market
- Minfeng: Jumping-off point for the Taklamakan desert